What can you do as a manager to navigate prolonged stress in the workplace? How do you support yourself while meeting people where they are and showing up effectively for those you supervise?
In this interactive workshop, Amanda Silver will look at models and tools for navigating change and transition and explore how these can be used with teams as our sector continues to grapple with unprecedented challenges. Through individual reflection, presentation, and small and large group discussion, you will gain a deeper understanding of your own reactions to stress so that you can show up skillfully with your team. This Spotlight Master Class will also explore common group reactions to stress, and identify strategies and tools for managing your team with empathy through difficult times.
By the end of this class, you will:
- Understand William Bridges’ transition cycle and common emotions that surface in relationship to change
- Explore your reactions to stress as a manager and how to care for yourself so you can be skillful for your team
- Recognize the different signs of stress on your team
- Identify strategies and learn tools for managing and supporting your team with empathy
This class is for you if:
- You are responsible for managing teams within your organization
- You are interested in exploring emotions associated with transition and change and how to meet people where they are
This class is not for you if:
- You are interested in navigating change but are not involved in the hands-on aspects of managing it for your organization