Let’s face it: Being a manager is hard! (Or at least it can be). You’re navigating competing priorities, uncertainty, and sticky challenges – all while feeling the pressures to please everyone and solve problems quickly. Sometimes, it feels impossible to step away from the day-to-day, think and feel more clearly, and make intentional and strategic moves.
So, What Are Pods? How Do They Work?
- You bring a real-life management challenge to the group. Group members offer you the gift of their full attention, along with coaching, perspectives, and insights.
- You will be placed in a group of 6-8 people, who are all managers in Jewish nonprofit organizations across North America.
- In the 2-hour kickoff session, KONU facilitators will teach participants the peer consultation protocol.
- Pods continue meeting on their own for 1.5 hours each time – with the protocol guide – such that each group member gets to share a challenge at least once.
- All participants will develop their capacity for deep listening, asking powerful questions, diagnosing challenges thoroughly, and generating creative action possibilities – critical skills for managers in today’s fast-paced world.