The potential is great: Your organization is doing exceptional work. You are passionate about your mission. But... do you sometimes feel like you aren’t sure how to best proceed with a funding request? Effective fundraising practices can be adapted to meet the unique needs of different donors, allowing you to build and maintain confidence. This is key to ensuring your resilience as an individual professional and to strengthening the capacity of your organization. In this Spotlight Master Class, Sharyn Goodson from the Leichtag Foundation will help you develop a clear understanding of the steps needed for an effective ask and will offer tangible tools to bring back to your organization.
This class is for you if you:
- Have at least two years of development experience and work for a nonprofit Jewish organization of any kind: congregation, day school, JCC, etc.
- Want to build confidence and experience in making the case for why to give to your organization.
- Want to learn practical steps to take before, during, and after a fundraising solicitation in order to position you for success.
- Want to build lasting relationships with donors.
By the end of this class you will:
- Be ready to better tell your organization’s story.
- Have a tangible framework for planning for and executing successful fundraising requests as well as tools for preparation and follow up.
- Be familiar with different donors’ styles and ways to present compelling information.
- Have renewed confidence and a fresh perspective on making any ask.