Are you seeking to tell your story or write something meaningful, but not sure how to start? Just like athletes who train for a marathon, storytellers need to exercise the muscles in their minds, hearts, and hands to find their stride. Your message, either delivered in-person or in writing, is a powerful tool to shape ideas, lead teams, and influence change.
Together we’ll explore two storytelling frameworks to access language for what we love, what we fear, and what we have not been able to say or write about before. You will come away from the session with practical tips to hone your personal narrative, and new tools to consider using when you create your next blog, essay, speech, or op-ed.
By the end of this class, participants will:
- Understand the Public Narrative Framework and its utility
- Understand the Problem-Solution-Impact (PSI) storytelling framework and its utility
- Have a road map of key questions they can ask and new tools and tips they can access when they craft their next op-ed, speech, essay, or blog
- Feel more grounded in their values and core narratives, and feel more confident in sharing them verbally or in writing
This class is for you if:
- You are working on a piece of writing (blog post, speech, op-ed) or anticipate writing a piece soon
- You are looking to sharpen or improve your written story-telling skills
- You are eager to amplify your own thought leadership or the thought leadership of an organization
- You are a communications professional who wants to refresh how you approach written communications